BSNLWA meets CMD, BSNL :
A meeting of unions of BSNLWA has taken place with the CMD on 12th May at 13.30 hours.
The CMD told that our expenditures are to the tune of Rs. 2500 crores per month whereas income is 2000 crores only out of Rs. 2500 crores 60% is on account of salary of staff which cannot be curtailed. We can handle the crisis with joint efforts only. At present our agenda is to ensure that BSNL maintains its present position and don’t slide to 6th position. He appealed for cooperation and wanted to share the views with the representatives of unions.
We mentioned the following points for immediate action.
1. Disposal of unuseful and condemned materials dumped in stores at Circle and SSA levels within the stipulated period.
2. Utilization of vehicles be reduced to minimum.
3. 50% Security Guards be reduced.
4. Expenditures in holding of official meeting as well as with unions are reduced.
5. The offices running in rented building are shifted to BSNL’s building forthwith.
6. Limited Tender system be done away.
7. Congenial atmosphere so that workers may work without fear.
8. Discipline be enforced.
9. Accountability be fixed from top to bottom.
CMD, BSNL desired a detailed note on the issues. Comrades Islam, Chandeshwar Singh (General Secretary) NFTE (BSNL), S.P. Sharma (WRU), Patwa (AIBETES), Rajpal (Secretary, NFTE (BSNL) ), Naresh NFTE (BSNL), Gulzar Rai (WRU) etc attended the meeting.